As we remember the journey of Jesus in Jerusalem in his last days, how do we involve our families in stopping their busy lives to remember and celebrate this Holy Week beginning with the Palm Sunday journey through the death and resurrection of Jesus?
Of course, our liturgies this week are rich. Especially during the Triduum time (Holy Thursday-Good Friday-Holy Saturday). I recall while growing up that this week was regarded as a very special week in our lives. However, do our families today have the time they need to engage in this spiritual journey. Often times not!
When families are unable to participate with their parish communities, let’s invite them into the virtual community. Here are a few links and suggestions for you to share with your families:
- View Fr. Barron’s commentary about Palm Sunday.
- What is Holy Thursday? Check out Rome Reports
- A Family Together: Jesus’ Journey to Calvary. You may also want to go to Google Earth and virtually visit some of the locations mentioned in this article.
- Click to learn more about Holy Saturday: History, Information, Prayers, Images and More.
- Visit the Catechist’s article for the Easter Vigil.
Blessings to you this Holy Week!
If you like this article, click the “Like” button or add your comment to this blog.
(c)2012, Caroline Cerveny